Monday, April 30, 2012

The Bucket List

Live for the moment!

The BUCKET LIST, everyone talks about it, some have given it deep thought, others might have gone the extra step and put it on paper, but usually it is only in fun....






As I have progressed through the last couple busy weeks of my life, I have gone about my business like I have all the time in the world.  But as I sit on the front porch in my swing today and reflect I realize that I have shed a  few tears the last couple of weeks and it hasn't been because of PMS!  It seems that everywhere I look, everything I listen to, everyone around me has been touch with a loss of some sort in their lives.  The news is full of car crashes, Facebook is full of prayer request, and the stupid talk shows that I have on in the background while I am cleaning the house are telling stories of families losing the ones they love, children being left without parents, and diseases that we can't cure!  WOW - it has really started getting too me!  


First thing I am going to do is tune out for awhile!  No need to fill my head with sadness, instead I am going to take these reminders to make sure that I live for the day and know that God will heal those in need... they say "he doesn't ever gives us more than we can handle"...  


Second thing I am going to do is focus on that stupid bucket list idea that everyone is talking about!  I have often made comments of the things I want to do, but I am going to make the commitment to get started, if I finish before my time, well I'll just start another one!


Laurie's Bucket List 

I am going to learn a second language!
I am going to live in another country for at least a year!
I am going to run a Marathon with my husband!
I am going to visit all 50 states!
I am going to renew my wedding vows on a beautiful tropical island!
I am going to become a snowbird and live in Florida or Arizona during the winter!
I am going to stop biting my nails!
I am going to know that I was the best Mom I could be!
I am going to kiss my husband on top of the Eiffel Tower!
I am going to eat sushi in Japan!
I am going to take a gondola ride in Venice!
I am going to try to get on The Price Is Right!
I am going to become a Yoga instructor!
I am going to dance in the audience of the Ellen Degeneres Show!
I am going to take Salsa dance lessons with my husband and dance the night away in Brazil!
I am going to send a message in a bottle!
I am going to travel Route 66 from start to finish and see all the stupid stuff in the travel guide!
I am going to do missionary work in another country!
I am going to be a host mom for a foreign exchange student!
I am going to see all three of my children baptized!
I am going to live a happy life!
The End... for now!


What do you want to do with your life?  
If you need ideas to get started on your own Bucket List here are a couple of sites I found that inspired me. 




Get to swinging and write you Bucket List... it is really something that makes you think!


Laurie


No comments:

Post a Comment